Five ways to live green
January 26, 2013 § Leave a comment
HOW many ways can your home allow you to live green? In Camella Northpoint, living green is easy as it becomes a part of your lifestyle. Here are five ways to live green in this landmark condo development that is in Davao City’s premier address.
1. Reduce energy consumption. Camella Northpoint’s green buildings are designed to harness nature’s elements to its advantage, making full use of the natural breeze and light to greatly improve the indoor air quality and lighting of the condo buildings.
The latest tower, Liverpool, for instance, has Sky Gardens that are open spaces that allow natural breeze into the building, cooling the hallways and individual units of the condo tower. It also has an Atrium, a vertical shaft that allows the exit of warm air, further cooling the building.
This means the condo units will have less need for air-conditioning, which usually eats up a quarter of the utility bills. That’s big savings for the homeowners, and a great reduction in power usage.
2. Reduce fuel consumption (and your carbon footprint!). Living in Camella Northpoint is like living within the nerve center of north Davao’s growth area, only in a gentler, more tranquil setting. Its location gives its homeowners the best advantage as far as getting to where they want and need to go is concerned.
That’s because Camella Northpoint’s location at the junction of Buhangin Road and JP Laurel Avenue in Bajada makes it near to all modern conveniences they want and need. From schools, modern office and business centers, markets, banks, airport, malls, places of worship, supermarkets, restaurants—everything is easily accessible within a five to ten kilometre radius.
That means they can choose to walk, ride in public transport, or drive a very short distance to their desired destination, saving time, effort, and fuel. Moreover, they reduce their carbon footprint by reducing their carbon dioxide emission that contributes to climate change.
3. Reduce waste. One of the pillars of environmental protection is the reduction of wastes that can find its way to the environment at large. Camella Northpoint as a community meticulously practices waste segregation, which is mandatory to all homeowners as its property management team oversees its implementation in compliance to the city ordinance on solid waste disposal.
Not only solid wastes are managed in a green fashion in this condo community. Wakefield Manor’s wellness pool with its salinated water does not require a lot of chlorine for maintenance. Hence when cleaning or changing its water, there is less chlorine disposed.
4. Live a green, healthy lifestyle. Living green is living healthy. In Camella Northpoint, living healthy can be as simple as enjoying the outdoors instead of being cooped up in your home.
With its verdant surroundings of olden trees, robust plant life, and P4 million worth of imported Caribbean pine trees, Camella Northpoint’s outdoor is a beautiful sight and a refreshing place to commune with nature. Homeowners can walk around the open spaces, admire the scenery, and take in the crisp scent of pine.
If exercise is their cup of tea for staying healthy, they can jog along the tracks while taking in picture-perfect scenery, or huff it up at the fitness gym at the clubhouse. Or dive into the wellness pool for a set of invigorating laps for a refreshing way to flex those muscles. In between laps, they can take a moment to float and feel nature around them: the azure skies and billowy clouds, the chirping birds, and pine trees swaying gently to the breeze.
It’s the perfect way to cap their exercise for the day. Best of all, it’s an experience they can have over and over again and it will not cost anything, one of the many privileges of a Camella Northpoint homeowner.
5. Live at Camella Northpoint. By now it’s a no-brainer that living in this British colonial themed condo development of Camella makes one think green, breathe green, and live green. Because in Camella Northpoint, all the ways to live green mentioned above are not mere possibilities; they are realities.
Take the first step to living green by getting in touch with Camella Davao at 2/F Delgar Building, JP Laurel Ave., Bajada, Davao City, (082) 222-0963 and (082) 222-5221, and avail of up to P100,000 discount and a 36-month down payment term.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on July 30, 2012.